Monday, December 21, 2009

Brooklyn Christmas

Remember to click on pictures to enlarge them!

Well, we got lucky, a big snow storm. How fun. Brooklyn is transformed during a snow storm. When I woke up on Sunday, getting to church was a mile walk away. It was about 8am and there was still a cold wind pressing against my face. I decided to walk in the street facing traffic. This made the walk a little easier. With nearly a foot on the ground, walking on the sidewalk was difficult. As I walked, I watched for the B82 which would drop me right in front of the church. The problem was whether I should risk waiting or walk to the next stop. I continued walking just in case the bus did not show up. After walking half way to the church the bus came. The driver let me off in a show drift next to the church. The church was shoveled out but very few people showed up for the early service. After church I headed to the boardwalk. Upon approaching the Grill House I saw a bunch of people gathered at the end of Stillwell. It turns out that a charity had set up a tables for poor people to come and get gifts for their children. It was still snowing and very windy. People were waiting in line in hopes of getting something for their children.


The boardwalk was mostly covered with snow. Very few people had been on the boardwalk so it was still very pristine. I walked up and down the boardwalk taking pictures. It was so beautiful. The waves from the ocean were still large and the wind was blowing the water all over the place. The fishing peer was completely covered with snow. They put up fences to stop the drifting sand, but this did not do much for the snow.

As the day progressed my godson and his family decided to go light looking around our neighborhood. The decorations were amazing. The snow added to the beauty of the decorations.

We are now headed towards Christmas day.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Barre.

















1 comment:

a.flynn said...

beautiful!
i remember some of those homes from a tour you gave me and rich over 15 years ago!
great!!